We are really proud to present you our very first licensed album!
This album was co-organized with GameGrooves and is to the full benefit of the Child’s Play organization!
You can listen to it on Spotify, Deezer or you can get it on iTunes, Amazon etc simply by clicking on this picture:
Or with this link: http://smarturl.it/pmheroes
Child’s Play‘s goal is to improve the lives of children through the power of play and support Children’s Hospitals, Clinics & Domestic Violence Shelters.
This album called “Heroes” is a compilation of 15 famous themes from a collection of children friendly games released during the last 4 decades.
Including: Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic and more recent ones such as Undertale or Celeste.
And you can directly watch it on Youtube:
Thanks a lot to everyone who made this possible!
– Album Organizers: Allen Brasch, Hashel
– Mastering: James C. Hoffman
– Artwork: 2 Players for Life
– Videos and Teasers: Chromatic Apparatus
What are your favourite tracks on this album?
Vote here to let us know: https://www.strawpoll.me/20451821
It was about time that we, Pixel Mixers, made a tribute to one of Motoi Sakuraba‘s works (Star Ocean series, Tales of series, Golden Sun series, Dark Souls series…).
We decided to start with something a bit more niche but that is full of brilliant tracks: Valkyrie Profile!
You can download the full album (51 tracks) for free by clicking on this picture =>
Or directly with this link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qgz71l2h4hq9vcf/Pixel_Mixers_-_Nibelung_Valesti_%255BValkyrie_Profile_1_%2526_2%255D.zip/file
This album features 51 tracks from Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2 OSTs, all arranged by nearly 50 musicians from the Pixel Mixers Community.
With a great variety of music styles (prog, metal, folk, pagan, acoustic, electro, solo piano…) this album will certainly have something for you to enjoy!
You can directly listen to it on youtube:
You can also vote for your favourite songs of album!
– Part 1: https://www.strawpoll.me/19457808
– Part 2: https://www.strawpoll.me/19499642
And a huge THANK YOU to every one of you who listened and/or downloaded this album 😀
– Project Director: Hashel https://www.youtube.com/Hashel
– Artworks: 2 Players for Life https://www.instagram.com/2playersforlife/
– Album Mastering: Dacian Grada https://www.youtube.com/daciangradamusic
Here are the top 5 covers which received the most upvotes on the VGCover/subreddit during December 2019
- 1st) Basest22 – Super Mario 2 – Overworld Theme Solo Bass Tapping Cover
- 2nd) RichGC – Portal – Still Alive Acoustic Cover
- 3rd) BlackEaracheXD – Nier Automata – Amusement Park Post-Hardcore Cover
- 4th) Super Guitar Bros – Contra 3 – Stage 3/Boss Medley Acoustic/Classical Cover
- 5th) Orchestral Fantasy – Chrono Trigger – Memories of Green
Thanks for voting for your favourite covers in December and hopefully we’ll see plenty of new people in next month’s top 5. Be sure to check out all of the artists on the list and to browse the subreddit for more artists
To celebrate the end of the year 2019, here are the 10 most up-voted covers on r/VGCovers. For the sake of variety, only one cover was kept by main arranger.
– 3) The Legend of Zelda – Dungeon Medley by Super Guitar Bros
– 4) Super Smash Bros Ultimate – Medley by Mordra
– 5) Chrono Cross – Fields of Time by Earth Kid from Chronopolis
– 6) A Link to the Past – Dungeon of Shadows by Orchestral Fantasy
– 7) Super Smash Bros Ultimate – Meta Knight’s Revenge by BearKeys
– 9) Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire – Medley by Dr. Pez, Marc Papeghin & friends
– 10) Super Mario 2 – Overworld Theme by Basest22
See you guys in 2020 for even more VGM Covers!
On the 21st October 2019 – The Whyte Wolf has just released his debut full-length album ’Dust #77’
Whyte Wolf, a Brighton based creative describes his style of production as. “Making noises with an upset computer.”With this poor machine he creates mostly electronic music ranging from ambient soundscapes to the rain-soaked bliss of Paper Crane, from oppressive drones like P R E S S U R E to the happy psychedelic muddle of Dulux Intercourse.
Dust#77 has been described by Au-Fait Magazine as. “A psychedelic experience… Sans the ingestion of controlled substances.” When speaking about the album, his inspiration and his music in general, he said, “While pop music tells you everything is amazing for the happy masses and metal shouts about everything that’s wrong with the world for the angry and irate, there’s never been any music for the man quivering in the corner with no clue what’s going on anymore; that’s where my music comes in!” In his spare time, Whyte enjoys getting lost in nature,playing with his Cat ‘Bob’ and always learning a new skill, be it animation or learning a new programming language. He also composes score and does sound design for short films, one of which was recently produced by and shown at the Cici Film Festival in Sicily. (and a Pixel Mixer member 😉 )
Here are the top 5 covers which received the most upvotes on the VGCover/subreddit during October 2019
- 2nd) Klaymore ft. ToxicEternity – Chrono Trigger – Frog’s Theme (from Epoch)
- 4th) Ro Panuganti – Banjo-Kazooie – Mad Monster Mansion
- 5th) DS Music – Dark Souls – Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Thanks for voting for your favourite covers in October and hopefully we’ll see plenty of new people in next month’s top 5. Be sure to check out all of the artists on the list and to browse the subreddit for more artists!
The Pixel Mixers Community is really proud to present you their very first album linked to the Mega Man Series, with Mavericks of Destruction, a Mega Man X Series tribute album!
You can download the full album (35 tracks) for free by clicking on this picture =>
Or directly with this link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0qd534ajym2x2ut/Pixel_Mixers_-_Mavericks_of_Destruction_%255BMega_Man_X%255D.zip/file
This album was the first organized by Dewey Newt for the Pixel Mixers Community.
“Hello, Dewey Newt here! Thank you for taking the time to check out Mavericks of Destruction, Pixel Mixer’s tribute to the music from the Mega Man X franchise. I am honoured to have worked with all the musicians on this project to create an album befitting the high-octane variety found in the original soundtracks. Thank you again for checking this album out! I hope that you enjoy all of our hard work.”
This album features 35 tracks from the whole Mega Man X Series.
Nearly 50 musicians put their heart into this almost 2 hours long tribute to MMX music!
This album, of course, features a lot of rock/metal tracks, but also includes plenty of electronic, chill, and orchestral music.
And guess what? You can listen to it directly on Youtube!
You can also vote for your favourite songs of album!
First half: https://www.strawpoll.me/18782988
Second half: https://www.strawpoll.me/18782999
And a huge THANK YOU to every one one of you who listened and/or downloaded this album 😀
– Project Director: Dewey Newt https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoFEqKMzeXkaIbt0_CtVdQ
– Artwork: 2 Players for Life https://www.instagram.com/2playersforlife/
– Album Mastering: Dacian Grada https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVDkhWI0arWWOzjKgVd3S2Q
Here are the top 5 covers which received the most upvotes on the VGCover/subreddit during September 2019
- 1st) Ro Panuganti & Patti Rudisill – Octopath Traveler – Battle 1 Metal Cover
- 2nd) Orchestral Fantasy – Final Fantasy VI – Mt. Ordeals
- 3rd) Melons – Chrono Trigger – Corridors of Time
- 4th) Danilo Ciaffi Feat. PrjzCalavera – Hollow Knight – City of Tears (Post-Rock Cover)
- 5th) Bassoonify Feat. 8bitBrigader, Medllix, and Soundole – Zelda: Link’s Awakening Medley
Thanks for voting for your favourite covers in September and hopefully we’ll see plenty of new people in next month’s top 5. Be sure to check out all of the artists on the list and to browse the subreddit for more artists
Here are the top 5 covers which received the most upvotes on the VGCover/subreddit during August 2019
- 1st) The Acoustic Mixers – Banjo-Kazooie – Treasure Trove Cove
- 2nd) Eric L. & Friends – Kingdom Hearts – Destiny Islands (Big Band Jazz Cover)
- 3rd) Hashel ft. Chromatic Apparatus – Celeste – Heart of the Mountain (Chill Cover)
This cover was also featured on our Indie Game Tribute Album: Great Tale of the Little Ones Vol. 2
- 4th) NyxTheShield – Donkey Kong Country – Aquatic Ambience (Lofi Jazz Remix)
- 5th) jmabate – Ecco the Dolphin – Open Ocean
This song is from Pixel Mixers latest release Timeless Ocean our tribute to the music of Ecco the Dolphin
Thanks for voting for your favourite covers in August and hopefully we’ll see plenty of new people in next month’s top 5. Be sure to check out all of the artists on the list and to browse the subreddit for more artists