This article highlights the 10 most up-voted songs during the year 2017 on the VGCOVER REDDIT
- 2nd) Theme of Love, an otomatone cover from Final Fanatsy IV OST interpreted by Mklachu
- 3rd) Ballad of the Wind Fish, an orchestral rock cover from TLoZ: Link’s Awakening, by Danilo Ciaffi and Pixel Mixers. This song is also a part of our classic 2d Zelda games tribute album “Hylian Downfall“
- 4th) The Prelude, a prog-ish cover from Final Fantasy OST by Hashel and Pixel Mixers. This song is also a part of our Final Fantasy I tribute album “The Legacy“
- 7th) Valse di Fantastica, a sax cover from Final Fantasy XV OST by Subversiveasset
- 8th) Brinstar Red Soil, a post rock cover form Super Metroid OST by Danilo Ciaffi
- 9th) Moo Moo Meadows, an acoustic cover from Mario Kart 8 OST by Genna Renee. This song is also a part of our Mario Kart tribute album “Rhythm Raceway“
See you guys soon for more awesome VGM Covers to share 😀
A new contest ended, in October the theme was “Note Limitation“.
The goal was to put people in a situation when they were forced to only have 3 notes going on at the same time (+ percussions) to see how creative they can get.
We got 8 participants, but the 2 leaders of the 2017 Championship (Hashel 140pts & Subversiveasset 139pts) skipped that one.
With only 2 months left we’ll soon know who will be the 2017 Pixel Mixers Cover Champion…
But if November will be a normal contest (the theme is “Real Time Strategy Games“, you can participate here: http://bit.ly/2hxeUNT) there is going to have a special contest in December that will give A LOT of points, so everything is still open for the final victory!
Here is the championship so far: http://bit.ly/2xMbQUa
And now the results from October Contest!
- Audio 1st place: Team Friesen
- Audio 2nd place: Orchestral Fantasy
- Audio 3rd place: Psycosulu
- Video 1st place: StyrofoamShotgun
- Video 2nd place: Danilo Ciaffi
- Video 3rd place: Psycosulu
Thanks a lot and congratulations to all the participants, and see you next month!
Here are the top 5 most upvoted on our VGCover /Reddit during August 2017.
- 1st) Toxodentrail with Song of Healing & Lost Woods from TLoZ: Majora’s Mask
- 2nd) Eric L. with Corridors of Time from Chrono Trigger
- 3rd) Mklachu with Western Land from Mario Party 2
- 4th) PeyCa (ft. Ian Martyn, Kirian & Psamathes) with Moonstruck Blossom from Kirby Triple Delux
- 5th) VGMusic Explorers with Cornelia Castle from Final Fantasy I
Here are the top 5 most up-voted on our VGCover /Reddit during March 2017.
- 1st: Memories of Green, from Chrono Trigger by Piano PeyCa & Subversiveasset
- 2nd: Bowser’s Theme, from Super Mario 64 by ToxicEternity
- 3rd: Wind Scene 600AD, from Chrono Trigger by Subversiveasset & Piano PeyCa
- 4th: Main Theme, from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild by SwigglesRP
- 5th: Overdone Video Games Covers (Vol.2) by Christian Richardson & ShaKe Elite
See you guys next month for more amazing VGM Covers 😀
Hey guys, we are gonna be using the website to highlight the 5 covers that have been the most up-voted on the https://www.reddit.com/r/VGCovers/ during the last month !
So even if you been busy and didn’t get the chance to listen to the covers posted in February, here are the ones you MUST listen to:
- 1st: The Prelude – Final Fantasy I [Pixel Mixers]
- 2nd: Theme of Love – Final Fantasy IV [Mklachu]
- 3rd: Guitar Medley – The Legend of Zelda [SwigglesRP]
- 4th: Main Theme – Chrono Trigger [Toxodentrail]
- 5th: Shop Theme – Final Fantasy I [Subversiveasset, Toxodentrail, TubaHero37]
So, what do you think about those covers?
Which one is your favourite?
See you next month for more ;D
If you missed our previous albums, here is a post to discover them… all!
Simply click on the cover arts to open a download link.
Seas of Time
The 1st album ever released by the Pixel Mixers community is a 4 disc album covering the full OST of the Playstation classic: Final Fantasy VIII and it’s unforgettable soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu.
Full Album Streaming:
Songs from a Nightmare
For our 2nd album we decided to make a tribute to the horror genre. Not only the usual survival-horror games such as silent Hill, Resident Evil or Dino Crisis but also games like Castlevania, Medievil, Parasite Eve and many more.
Full album streaming:
The desperately too short Chrono series remains today one of the most beloved J-RPG series of all time. We decided to make a tribute to Chrono Trigger and Cross with this album and to salute the genius composer Yasunori Mitsuda.
Disc 1 streaming
Disc 2 streaming
Disc 3 streaming
The Great Tale of the Little Ones
Indie games have been more and more successful last years with hits like Super Meat Boy, the binding of Isaac and more recently Undertale. If those independent games can offer new ideas and concept, gameplay and/or story wise, they are also an amazing playground for composers and naturally for us, cover artists.
Disc 1 streaming
Disc 2 streaming
Disc 3 streaming
That’s crazy how time flies, isn’t it?
Yes, that game we all played, the 1st generation of Pokemon turned 20 years old in 2016. It’s the good occasion to take a huge load of nostalgia thanks to Junichi Masuda’s music revisited by our community.
Full album streaming