We are really proud to present you our very first licensed album!
This album was co-organized with GameGrooves and is to the full benefit of the Child’s Play organization!
You can listen to it on Spotify, Deezer or you can get it on iTunes, Amazon etc simply by clicking on this picture:
Or with this link: http://smarturl.it/pmheroes
Child’s Play‘s goal is to improve the lives of children through the power of play and support Children’s Hospitals, Clinics & Domestic Violence Shelters.
This album called “Heroes” is a compilation of 15 famous themes from a collection of children friendly games released during the last 4 decades.
Including: Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic and more recent ones such as Undertale or Celeste.
And you can directly watch it on Youtube:
Thanks a lot to everyone who made this possible!
– Album Organizers: Allen Brasch, Hashel
– Mastering: James C. Hoffman
– Artwork: 2 Players for Life
– Videos and Teasers: Chromatic Apparatus
What are your favourite tracks on this album?
Vote here to let us know: https://www.strawpoll.me/20451821
To celebrate the end of the year 2019, here are the 10 most up-voted covers on r/VGCovers. For the sake of variety, only one cover was kept by main arranger.
– 3) The Legend of Zelda – Dungeon Medley by Super Guitar Bros
– 4) Super Smash Bros Ultimate – Medley by Mordra
– 5) Chrono Cross – Fields of Time by Earth Kid from Chronopolis
– 6) A Link to the Past – Dungeon of Shadows by Orchestral Fantasy
– 7) Super Smash Bros Ultimate – Meta Knight’s Revenge by BearKeys
– 9) Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire – Medley by Dr. Pez, Marc Papeghin & friends
– 10) Super Mario 2 – Overworld Theme by Basest22
See you guys in 2020 for even more VGM Covers!
Here are the top 5 covers which received the most upvotes on the VGCover/subreddit during July 2019
- 1st) psycosulu – Final Fantasy VII – Jenova and Birth of a God Mashup
- 2nd) Andrew Van Vlear – Super Mario Land – Main Theme/Birabuto Kingdom (Gypsy Jazz Cover)
- 3rd) jmabate- Final Fantasy IX – Ambush Attack
This cover was also featured on our Final Fantasy IX Album Beyond the Mist
- 4th) Orchestral Fantasy – Final Fantasy VI – The Decisive Battle
- 5th) Eric L. & Friends – Pokemon GSC – Battle! Champion
This cover is from Eric’s event Marathon Mode where he uploaded a new cover everyday! You can view the full playlist here
Thanks for voting for your favourite covers in July and hopefully we’ll see plenty of new people in next month’s top 5. Be sure to check out all of the artists on the list and to browse the subreddit for more artists
Welcome to the first top 5 most upvoted covers of 2019! Here’s the 5 covers which received the most upvotes on the VGCover/subreddit during January
- 1st) Mordra – Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Character Medley
- 2nd) Dr. Pez – VGM – Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Medley
- 3rd) Hashel – Donkey Kong Country – Aquatic Ambiance Band Cover Feat. Torby Brand, Mark Autumn, GameroftheWinds, & Ro Panuganti
This track is from our recent Donkey Kong Country Album Treetop Tunes
- 4th) Danilo Ciaffi -Donkey Kong Country 2 – Stickerbrush Symphony Post-Rock Cover Feat. Mark Autumn Lord Bif & Hashel
Another track from Treetop Tunes! Download it here
- 5th) Nah Tony – GameCube Startup Metal Arrangement
Thanks for voting for your favourite covers in January and hopefully we’ll see plenty of new people in the tops 5’s for this year!
Here are the top 5 most upvoted on our VGCover /Reddit during October 2017.
- 1st) Piano Game Knight and Psamathes – Eyes on Me (ENG) from Final Fantasy VIII
- 2nd) Eric L. with Pokemon Center Theme from Pokemon
- 3rd) Lautaro Herrero with Home from Undertale
- 4th) Mairiba with Hang Eight from Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- 5th) TeraCMusic with Phantom Train from Final Fantasy VI
A small but high in quality contest for sure!
We got some new people like Medllix or JohnStacy who both delivered great music!
The theme of this contest was “Ending and Credit Theme“.
For once the audio and video ranking results are significantly different.
With the current top 3 of both audio and video championship not participating, it allows some of the underdogs to catch up and get closer to the final podium!
September theme is “Mini-Games“, you can participate here:
And now the results to August!
- AUDIO 1st place : Team Frisen
- AUDIO 2nd place : Medllix
- AUDIO 3rd place : Orchestral Fantasy
- VIDEO 1st place : JohnStacy
- VIDEO 2nd place : Tyler Jenkins
- VIDEO 3rd place : Styrofoam Shotgun
Pixel Mixers 2017 Cover Championship: http://bit.ly/2017PixelMixersChampionship
Thanks a lot and congratulations to all the participants, and see you next month!
If you missed our previous albums, here is a post to discover them… all!
Simply click on the cover arts to open a download link.
Seas of Time
The 1st album ever released by the Pixel Mixers community is a 4 disc album covering the full OST of the Playstation classic: Final Fantasy VIII and it’s unforgettable soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu.
Full Album Streaming:
Songs from a Nightmare
For our 2nd album we decided to make a tribute to the horror genre. Not only the usual survival-horror games such as silent Hill, Resident Evil or Dino Crisis but also games like Castlevania, Medievil, Parasite Eve and many more.
Full album streaming:
The desperately too short Chrono series remains today one of the most beloved J-RPG series of all time. We decided to make a tribute to Chrono Trigger and Cross with this album and to salute the genius composer Yasunori Mitsuda.
Disc 1 streaming
Disc 2 streaming
Disc 3 streaming
The Great Tale of the Little Ones
Indie games have been more and more successful last years with hits like Super Meat Boy, the binding of Isaac and more recently Undertale. If those independent games can offer new ideas and concept, gameplay and/or story wise, they are also an amazing playground for composers and naturally for us, cover artists.
Disc 1 streaming
Disc 2 streaming
Disc 3 streaming
That’s crazy how time flies, isn’t it?
Yes, that game we all played, the 1st generation of Pokemon turned 20 years old in 2016. It’s the good occasion to take a huge load of nostalgia thanks to Junichi Masuda’s music revisited by our community.
Full album streaming