Here are the top 5 most upvoted covers on our VGCover /subreddit during July 2018.
We’re still trying to push for new artists to appear on these lists so please try to remember to upvote the covers that you’ve enjoyed on the subreddit.
- 1st) Danilo Ciaffi Feat. Pixel Mixer – Dancing Mad from Final Fantasy VI
This song was also on our FF VI album World’s Requiem available here.
- 2nd) Toxodentrail – Corridors of Time Animated Cover from Chrono Trigger
Toxodentrail’s cover was also on At the End of Time and Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross fan album by our friends at GameLark
- 3rd) Tremendouz Feat. Kiaran Jay, Bullicann, and ThePopStarDude – Aveh, The Ancient Dance from Xenogears
This song is also available on our Xenogears album Shattered Memories.
- 4th) Ro Panuganti and Mattattack – Gerudo Town from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- 5th) psycosulu Feat. subversiveasset – The Serpent Trench from Final Fantasy VI
This is another song from our FF VI album World’s Requiem
Thank you for voting this month and please remember to upvote newer covers on the subreddit so we can hopefully see you in the top 5 for August!
Here are the top 5 most upvoted covers on our VGCover /subreddit during February 2018
- 1st) Ro Panuganti – Ganondorf Battle Prog Metal Cover from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 2nd) 130Grit Sound Studio – Frappe Snowland Jazz/Rock Cover from Mario Kart 64
- 3rd) subversiveasset Zero Two Theme Sax/Cover Story from Kirby 64
- 4th) PeyCa – Midna’s Lament Cover from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- 5th) PeriPheric – Main Theme Metal Cover from Donkey Kong Country
See you next month for the best of March and best of luck everybody that submits songs!
Please make sure to upvote your favourite covers on the subreddit so that we can feature plenty of new artists each month!
This article highlights the 10 most up-voted songs during the year 2017 on the VGCOVER REDDIT
- 2nd) Theme of Love, an otomatone cover from Final Fanatsy IV OST interpreted by Mklachu
- 3rd) Ballad of the Wind Fish, an orchestral rock cover from TLoZ: Link’s Awakening, by Danilo Ciaffi and Pixel Mixers. This song is also a part of our classic 2d Zelda games tribute album “Hylian Downfall“
- 4th) The Prelude, a prog-ish cover from Final Fantasy OST by Hashel and Pixel Mixers. This song is also a part of our Final Fantasy I tribute album “The Legacy“
- 7th) Valse di Fantastica, a sax cover from Final Fantasy XV OST by Subversiveasset
- 8th) Brinstar Red Soil, a post rock cover form Super Metroid OST by Danilo Ciaffi
- 9th) Moo Moo Meadows, an acoustic cover from Mario Kart 8 OST by Genna Renee. This song is also a part of our Mario Kart tribute album “Rhythm Raceway“
See you guys soon for more awesome VGM Covers to share 😀
After each album/EP release we do a poll to see which tracks were everybody’s favourites.
This will be a new article for each release.
Here are the top 5 of our Crash Bandicoot EP – The N.Sane Jam
You can download our full album here for free: http://bit.ly/2jl77pC
1st) Lord Bif Music, Banjo Guy Ollie, and subversiveasset’s cover of Dingodile from Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
2nd) Mairiba – Hang Eight from Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
3rd) BlackearacheXD – Bear It from Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
4th) Hashel – Road to Ruin also from Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
5th) Kiaran Jay and PeyCa – Win Theme from Crash Team Racing
A new contest ended, in October the theme was “Note Limitation“.
The goal was to put people in a situation when they were forced to only have 3 notes going on at the same time (+ percussions) to see how creative they can get.
We got 8 participants, but the 2 leaders of the 2017 Championship (Hashel 140pts & Subversiveasset 139pts) skipped that one.
With only 2 months left we’ll soon know who will be the 2017 Pixel Mixers Cover Champion…
But if November will be a normal contest (the theme is “Real Time Strategy Games“, you can participate here: http://bit.ly/2hxeUNT) there is going to have a special contest in December that will give A LOT of points, so everything is still open for the final victory!
Here is the championship so far: http://bit.ly/2xMbQUa
And now the results from October Contest!
- Audio 1st place: Team Friesen
- Audio 2nd place: Orchestral Fantasy
- Audio 3rd place: Psycosulu
- Video 1st place: StyrofoamShotgun
- Video 2nd place: Danilo Ciaffi
- Video 3rd place: Psycosulu
Thanks a lot and congratulations to all the participants, and see you next month!
Here are the top 5 most upvoted on our VGCover /Reddit during July 2017.
1st: mklachu’s Otamatone and Mr Knocky Cover of Gobi’s Valley from Banjo-Kazooie
2nd: Ro Panuganti’s Metal cover of Metroid Prime’s Main Theme
3rd: Psamathes and Kain White’s Acoustic/Vocal cover of Nightingale’s Eyes from Dragon Age: Inquisition
4th: Hashel and Mark Autumn’s 70’s style cover of Auron’s Theme from Final Fantasy X
5th: subversiveasset’s Sax Story Cover of Death from FEZ
Hello people, it’s time for the review of April cover contest results !
The theme was “Villain Themes” and it was full of surprises.
Even if there was a bit less participants it was full of surprises like members making big collabs, people really trying new music style or some really original arrangements completely changing the mood from the original.
My last point was referring to the audio winner of this month, Orchestral Fantasy with his crazy salsa version of Kefka’s Theme from Final Fantasy VI.
At the 2nd and 3rd places we have the 2 leaders of the 2017 Pixel Mixers championship: Subversiveasset and PrjzCalavera.
About the video contest it’s a victory for Subversiveasset followed by PrjzCalavera and at the 3rd place we have a tie between the heavy SwigglesRP and the Epic Italian Team composed of Psamathes, Dacian Grada and Danilo Ciaffi.
PrjzCalavera keeps the lead at the 2017 audio championship, followed by Subversiveasset who took the 2nd place to Hashel (who didn’t enter this month). At the 4th place there is a tie between SwigglesRP and Dancian Grada, finally at the 5th place is this month’s winner: Orchestral Fantasy.
The May contest‘s theme is “Dance” so you can pick any VGM song you like as long as your arrangement make people want to dance =)
You can participate here: https://www.reddit.com/r/VGCovers/comments/68k9qv/event_may_2017_pixel_mixers_vgm_cover_contest/?st=j26795u8&sh=6f89b7f7
And now the videos of this month:
- AUDIO 1st place: Orchestral Fantasy – Kefka Theme (FFVI)
- AUDIO 2nd place: Subversiveasset – Dedede’s Theme (Kirby Series)
- AUDIO 3rd place: PrjzCalavera – Psycho Mantis’ Theme (Metal Gear Solid)
- VIDEO 1st place: Subversiveasset – Dedede’s Theme (Kirby Series)
- VIDEO 2nd place: PrjzCalavera – Psycho Mantis’ Theme (Metal Gear Solid)
- VIDEO 3rd place (tie): Psamathes, Dacian Grada & Danilo Ciaffi – Vyrn Song (Granblue Fantasy)
- VIDEO 3rd place (tie): SwigglesRP – Hivory Towers (Yooka-Laylee)
See you guys next month 😉
Here are the top 5 most up-voted on our VGCover /Reddit during March 2017.
- 1st: Memories of Green, from Chrono Trigger by Piano PeyCa & Subversiveasset
- 2nd: Bowser’s Theme, from Super Mario 64 by ToxicEternity
- 3rd: Wind Scene 600AD, from Chrono Trigger by Subversiveasset & Piano PeyCa
- 4th: Main Theme, from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild by SwigglesRP
- 5th: Overdone Video Games Covers (Vol.2) by Christian Richardson & ShaKe Elite
See you guys next month for more amazing VGM Covers 😀
An other great contest month has gone by.
This time we had the chance to welcome some new members such as Piano PeyCa or Psamathes.
The theme was “Overworld” and it was the opportunity to have some creative rendition of some really classic tunes.
And for the first time we have a tie at the first place of the audio contest.
Subversiveasset and Piano PeyCa both share the highest step of the podium.
And as funny as it sounds they both were a guest on each-others video, which meant they weren’t allowed to vote for each-others, that makes their victory even more impressive !
And even more crazy there is also a tie for the video contest between PrjzCalavera (ft. Psamathes) and the new member Piano PeyCa.
Prjz used some incredibly beautiful landscape from his homeland Sardinia and Piano PeyCa used many different camera angles for a clean and really professional montage.
After this month, PrjzCalavera keeps the lead on the 2017 championship, he is followed by Hashel05 and Subversiveasset.
The April Cover Contest theme is… VILLAINS, you can participate and read instructions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/VGCovers/comments/62t8ae/event_real_april_2017_pixel_mixers_vgm_cover/?st=j10owe1q&sh=61acd2d2
- AUDIO 1st place (tie) : Subversiveasset ft. Piano PeyCa
- AUDIO 1st place (tie) : Piano PeyCa ft. Subversiveasset
- AUDIO 3rd place : Hashel05
- VIDEO 1st place (tie) PrjzCalavera ft. Psamathes
- VIDEO 1st place (tie) Piano PeyCa ft. Subversiveasset (see video above)
- VIDEO 3rd place Subversiveasset ft. Piano PeyCa (see video above)
Thanks a lot for participating and reading 😀